Saturday, April 9, 2016

Transforming with Nature's Wonders

Hello, it's Hannah here with an opportunity to write poetry through the eyes of Nature: the physical world and everything in it (such as plants, animals, mountains, oceans, stars, etc.), that is not made by people, (Merriam-Webster).

Often times I am inspired by the walk and today I invite you to go for a jaunt, too. If it's possible and if it's not...go to the nearest window that looks out on a landscape or cityscape...wherever you are. See what animals, birds or insects that you might find...which plants or trees want to speak through you. If it appeals to you, you could personify this living thing...let them bring the poem today. Some might like to research spiritual meanings and/or facts about their subject to include in their poetry.

Today I saw three Osprey...yesterday a flock of Cedar Waxwing...there's so much to see and feel outside...bring us your outside!

(wiki cc sharealike)

Please, link a new poem to Mr. Linky below, the link does not expire, 
feel free to post more than one poem, visit others and have fun...
I look forward to reading all of your poems!





15 comments:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

It was nice to write about nature now.

Outlawyer said...

Hey Hannah--love the Cedar Waxwing pic. They are such beautiful birds. We have some kind of bush whose berries they like a great deal. A bit early for them, but still nice to think of them. k.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Seems Sevenling is the order of the day. Thanks, Bjorn.

;-)

Ashley said...

The wisteria in my corner of the world is in full bloom so I had to capture it in word and in picture before the blooms quickly wither and change into a green bush. I just love this nature prompt! THank you!

Hannah said...

I'm so glad that you all enjoyed this!! I'm on my way to read you and will turn on the box again later today to offer one and see who else has been outside today! Thank you!! :)

brudberg said...

I went out and found the first crocuses... we are a little later with spring here in Sweden... but I love to write about Nature these days.

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I feel like spring is 2 fold for me this year as I feel reborn after being so sick. I just loved this challenge, Hannah as I've just started riding my bike again and when I ride that's all I think of is nature. It's hard not to ride on the Bay Trial (alongside the San Francisco Bay) and not think about nature. The birds and many creatures I see along the way lift my spirits always. One day I found a fur seal that had come up out of the rough bay waters to sun itself what a thrill that was! I hope you like, "The Feather" and I'll be around to read this week. Big hug!

Hannah said...

So glad to see these crocuses with you, Bjorn!

Thank you, Bekkie...for sharing your feather and I'm so glad you're feeling better!

:)'S to all and I will be back to read more later!

Enjoy the outdoors if you can!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hey everyone,

Hope you're having a pleasant week so far, sharing my poem "Sevenling (Transition)" Thank you Hannah for the wonderful opportunity :D

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks Hannah!

Marilyn Cavicchia said...

I wrote about myself wanting to be a river otter because then I wouldn't have to feel guilty about not going to the dentist. National Poetry Month can take you to some pretty strange places.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

On my tablet tonight so copying links is a pain. I very much appreciate everyone who has visited me at poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com this month. 💋

Sumana Roy said...

a lovely prompt Hannah :)

Anonymous said...

was so pleased to find a fit here with my poem - thank you - birds on our minds though the waxwing is far nobler

Hannah said...

I've enjoyed reading your comments here...thank you, for taking the time to talk to me!! I'm looking forward to your poems...appreciate all of your poetic efforts so much!! :)'s