Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hitting the Road.......




Optimus5.com


Happy Late New Year Toads!!!!!  Herotomost here, sitting and dreaming of traveling as usual.  Nothing like a good trip to soothe the soul and to get your heart and mind in the right place.  Doesn't matter what type of trip, whether you are flying there, taking a bus or maybe tramping down the Mississippi River on a paddle boat.  Seeing the differences and similarities between culture, everyday life, scenery and weather is grounding and uplifting at the same time.  This prompt is about one specific type of trip.  The kind of trip that allows maximum face time with your surroundings.  The kind where you can't help to make your own sound track, plug it in and sing at the top of your lungs while doing 80 on a two lane highway between Capitan and Roswell New Mexico or between  Scotts Bluff and Alliance Nebraska or wherever it is that your itinerary takes you across this great big ol' world in which we live. Yes Toad's, I am talking about the road trip. The top down (or window open, unless you are Izy this time of year, she might freeze to death) music blaring and you singing at the top of your lungs (and yes you do sound just like the song).  Oh, and let's not forget the snacks.  When I was younger and didn't have to worry about the waistline as much, my snacks of choice where puffy Cheetos, peanut M&M's and Dr. Pepper. Now its likely to be Rice Cakes and Ensure. Any way you slice it, the road trip can be an awesome way to reach your destination while enjoying all the space in between.



Shareably.com

So enough babbling. The prompt my dear Toad's is to think back to a particularly good or bad road trip you have had and write about it.  You can write about any facet, the company, car troubles, the scenery, the destination, whatever floats your boat. The piece can be in whatever form you would like, poetry, prose, religious text or bulk mail flyer. As always, has to be new and as always, if this prompt offends anyone or you just hate the subject matter and can't get into it, you can skip or write any darn thing you want.  I'm easy.

Onward and upward my friends, love you all and I can't wait to read what you come up with!!!!


Mashable.com

9 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Mine might require translation!

Hannah said...

Thank you, Corey, this brought forth something I needed to work on.


brudberg said...

The first thing that's come to mind is motion sickness.... alas. But I will think a little bit more.

Margaret said...

I will be getting to this - might not be linked until Monday. Thanks for this inventive prompt

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh I have a road trip in my history, LOL. Buckle up, kids!

Carol Campbell said...

I have so many road trips to draw on. Good, bad, boring and exciting.. Love this.

Gillena Cox said...

catching up with a short quatrain for this one

much love...

Outlawyer said...

Corey--great challenge. I wanted to revamp an old prose piece but fear it will be a little long, and not worthwhile, so not sure I can do it. Agh. Hope all well. k.

Helen said...

Hey Corey ~ I gave you a karaoke challenge!!