Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Tuesday Platform

Old Sturbridge Village, MA (photo by Marian Kent)
And last of all, to act upon this Stage,
Leaning upon his staff, comes up old age.
Under his arm a Sheaf of wheat he bore,
A Harvest of the best: what needs he more?
from The Four Ages of Man by Anne Bradstreet (1612-1672)

Welcome to the open stage in the Imaginary Garden. Please share with us a poem of your choice today, and the visit the offerings of others. We look forward to enjoying the harvest of the best!


8 comments:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I'm well qualified to write on old age, lol - but I didn't take that hint! Some haiku instead...

Lolamouse said...

Was still inspired by the "Trespass" prompt, but this had too many words, so I saved it for today!

Kerry O'Connor said...

What a lovely country garden, Marian. It looks so welcoming.

Kerry O'Connor said...

PS. I have shared my post with links to my poetry readings on Soundcloud.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hey everyone,

Sorry i m late.. i m out of town.. but trying to keep up! Sharing " Because I couldn't just give up" hope you guys like it :D

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Marian said...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Sweeper of Dreams said...

Sweetness! Like Sanaa, I'm traveling so my entry was a smidge late. My apologies. Have a lovely week, all!

Margaret said...

Beautiful photo! Wish I had time to participate. Summer has been quite busy this year.