Thursday, August 6, 2015

Artistic Interpretations with Margaret - "Vases"


Welcome to "Artistic Interpretations".  I introduce you to a few pieces of Brooklyn Museum's Collection of vases.   The elegant beauty of this backlit wall mesmerized me and I regret I couldn't photograph a few higher up.  Some are chipped, most have been lovingly worn and indicate they were not just objects of beauty but also function.  If only these vases could talk... what would they share of the people who made them, held them, treasured them?

You are free to respond to these images in any way you like...

Please link specific post to "Mr. Linky" below and feel free to write to more than one image.  "The Tuesday Platform" is available for those who desire more time.  Life has me tied up right now with many obligations, but I will be back to read everyone's poems off and on over the next few days.

Turkish Jug, ceramic 17th century
Inca artist, Ecuador Face Neck Jar, ceramic 1450-1532
Iranian Vase, ceramic (Lajevardina ware) mid 13th century
New York, NY, Silver Tiffany & Co Pitcher, 1879
Knight, Elkin & Co.
Staffordshire, England, Earthenware Pitcher, 1840
Mangbetu artist, Uele region,
Democratic Republic of the Congo, Terracotta Vessel,
early 20th century
Italy, Glass Pitcher 19th century
Anasazi artist, SW United States, Ceramic Jar, 400-800
Qing dynasty, China, Porcelain Ewer, 18-19th century





15 comments:

Fireblossom said...

I cheated and peeked. Here's my vote to post these Thursday challenges at 6am rather than noon.

Nonnie said...

each is beautiful and unique! I don't know why, but I'm drawn to pitchers.

Maude Lynn said...

I love the terracotta! That's the one I used for inspiration.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Exquisite! Each is a work of art. Thank you for sharing this amazing display.

Margaret said...

I was tempted to post at midnight Wednesday. But saw others posted later at noon. I agree. 6am is my vote as well.

humbird said...

Wow! Here is the symfony around vases...Thanks for inspiration, Margaret!

Susan said...

Hey, Toads, as you may know, I am in a rehab facility to heal from back surgery with lots of help. I haven't been writing many poems for the last 2 weeks, indeed, I wrote exactly 2--so much less than the 1 a day I had been pushing out of an overstocked brain. I made a little book from some of those older poems, greatly revised and united in theme. It's called "re-Mothering." Thank you to those who already bought it, in our mutual admiration and support. I have 3 books to send FREE to those who care to review. Amazon and other bookstores have no reviews yet. What do you think? Sitting in front of me is a vase with 2 pink roses drying in the air of the room ... I wish on them that I may hear from you (and the one who sent them). My email is pierette11@gmail.com. First three get the books ,,, maybe even signed if you wish. Thank you, Margaret, for letting me post this wish here.

brudberg said...

So nice to be back.. I've had a little vacation...but will now try to get back to regular writing.

Blogoratti said...

Certainly nice to look at individually, great designs and patterns.

Hannah said...

Thank you, Margaret!

Amy Barlow Liberatore/Sharp Little Pencil said...

Thanks, Margaret! I have not been posting of late, just no inspiration. I think I am paying entirely too much attention to politics, and so I have decided to take a break from monitoring the feed and get back to creating! Thanks so much for this chance to write to some lovely images. I was drawn to the shelves... the group. amy

Margaret said...

I am in NYC picking up a daughter from a five week class and visiting my son in Brooklyn. Thanks for playing. I have read them all and will comment when I return home. Others are welcome to post late

Outlawyer said...

Belated draft! Thanks. k.

Susie Clevenger said...

Such a beautiful challenge Margaret...posting late

rudraprayaga said...

Attractive and praiseworthy.