Thursday, August 14, 2014

In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb.....



Well, its Friday my dear Toads. This is Herotomost and I find myself surrounded by Leos.  Not sure what my penchant is for surrounding myself with Leos, but it has happened and I find myself floating on a see of golden manes, unrivaled prowess and spirited beauty on a daily basis. Friends, family and co-workers. Its not a bad thing, I just wonder why.  If you believe in all that astrological mojo, there doesn't seem to be a specific reason for it I don't think.  But, for as long as I can remember I am a magnet to lions.

So, my Friday challenge will incorporate the "In like a lion, out like a lamb" theme, I am pretty sure with the way this swamp festers with talent, bubbles with inspiration and gurgles with beauty, I should get a more than just a few wonderful pieces of writing. Here's the rules....more for the rule breakers than for the rule followers:

Write me a poem, story, love song, check, excel spread sheet (you know I have no use for form, only content) whatever your heart desires.  I want you to come out of the gates writing with a ferocity or rage that is unbridled, larger than life, too hot to touch, intimidating, filled with sharp teeth, eating small children, overwhelming entire villages....you know....Roarrrrrr!!!!!


I want you to end the piece in a fashion that tapers to a point, burns out, fizzles, lands on faerie feet, gets caught on the current like dandelion fuzz, falls flat, peters out or sweetly disappears....heavy sigh.


Subject matter can be anything, excepts scorpions...I hate scorpions.

So have fun or not, write or not. Just remember I am not the boss of you. Have a great weekend and I can't wait to see what might come of this little safari!!!

17 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

It's all about the Fire signs, Corey... a Sagittarius is the same element as a Leo, unsurprising they bask in one another's glow.

I love this challenge! Such a great idea should give rise to some surprising pieces.

avalon said...

They all have great heads of hair so as to better shine centerstage :-)
which means my hair envy usually gets in the way of relationships :-)

Anonymous said...

The sign of Leo looks like a bent sperm cell. Figures. My contribution runs along the lines of the adage that what you run from is what you frequently run into.

Maude Lynn said...

Hey, what have you got against Scorpions?

Helen said...

Your challenge reads like a scene from Showtime's "Masters of Sex" which I am enjoying ~~ excitement, plateau, orgasm and resolution. Now I have to write poetry??

brudberg said...

Constellations are all about an order in randomness. The raging lion would represent that randomness to me.. :-) this took me a while to figure out.

Herotomost said...

MZ...I have no problem with scorpions except when I find them in my house...screaming like a girl ensues and God help whoever gets in my way when terminating them, because if they escape, there will be no sleep. Ugghhh!!

Herotomost said...

Jo-hanna, I already have hair envy and I have never met you ...lol.

Herotomost said...

Kerry....fiery...yeah. Never thought of it like that. I like that idea.

Herotomost said...

Susan...I like that show too..lol. Be careful now, who knows what might flow out of that pen.

Unknown said...

a prose after a long time!! :)

Anonymous said...

A super interesting prompt, Corey. I was just about to give up blogging! Thanks. k.

Anonymous said...

Corey--I don't know if my poem "qualifies". It is what came up almost immediately on reading your prompt, so I don't know. k.

Magaly Guerrero said...

"this swamp festers with talent, bubbles with inspiration and gurgles with beauty..."

This made me roar and purr, just so you know...

Fireblossom said...

That lamb is so cute!

Susan said...

I was writing this when I saw your prompt and rearranged some verses to meet your challenge. It had been calm to burst to calm, but now---completely lion to lamb. (I don't know its astronomy, though I am Cancer with Aquarius rising. The fire signs in my chart are all about love and relationship. Needless to say, I am a happy hermit.)

Anonymous said...

In late, Corey - hope this meets your concept ~